You are here
Capturing Fall Flavors Beyond Apples
When we say Fall flavors we aren’t just talking about apples and cider. In Upstate New York the fall harvest is full of flavors that capture the essence of the season. Take a chance on one of the other great treats, sweets and foods that are only available this time of year.
The flavors of Fall in Upstate New York mark another great season of delicious locally grown and made products. From farm-to-table inspired meals, perfect pairings, and updated classics you can try something new throughout your entire trip.
Cure your sweet tooth craving
- Old fashion donuts made fresh daily featuring flavors including maple, cinnamon sugar, and classic. Schutts Apple Farm and Robb Farms specialize in upgrading your cider experience and are sure to make you a lifelong fan.
- The Naples Grape Fest has helped put the variety of grape creations on the map. When you’re looking to get a taste of the local region all year round there is no where better than Monica’s Pies. Baking fresh grape pies daily, plus tarts, bread, jams and jellies you can find your new favorite here!
Beat the coming chill
- Try a spin on a classic when you enjoy Pumpkin Pappardelle or Sweet Potato Pappardelle from Flour City Pasta. Savory and hearty this autumn meal comes to life when coupled with other locally grown produce scattered throughout the region.
- The Village Coal Tower Restaurant in Pittsford, NY is bringing rural flavor a bit closer to the city. Experience the unique setting of a coal storage tower turned restaurant while you taste a surprisingly sweet pumpkin soup that comes topped with whipped cream.
Flavors to bring home with you
- The maple bourbon fromage from First Light Farm & Creamery allows you to bring a hint of Upstate NY fall to any lunch spread, cheese plate, or gourmet dinner. The website even provides great meal ideas for how to use the cheese in ways that intensify the flavor!
- The flavor of the Southern Tier Brewing Co. Pumking Ale brings nutmeg, pie crust, sweetness, and cinnamon all in one bottle. Plus this seasonal ale blends great into fall recipes that could use some kick.
Coming to Upstate New York to enjoy the flavors of Fall means sitting back to sip and relax throughout the Finger Lakes wine region. Recently named the top wine region in the USA Today 10 Best Reader's Choice poll, beating renowned areas such as Napa Valley in California, Willamette Valley in Oregon.
We know that apples are a staple of Fall in Upstate New York, but once you get your fill think about scouting out some of the other great flavors that are welcomed into the region for only a short time each season.